Summer


We are having the first real taste of our normally mild winter and everyone is already discussing how cold it's going to be. We'll see, but all the indicators from slimy trout and black furred possums hint that mother nature is ready to send some hard winter weather to South Texas this year.

All that cold makes me wish for the warm June morning of the Bolivar. After photographing or fishing sunrise somewhere on the Peninsula, my mind usually turned to the shade and good conversation on the dock at Stingaree. Coffee was always fresh and the beer was cold, just be warned you might have to answer the phone or take the trash out if you sit long enough. To me the Stingaree was the epicenter of Bolivar. It just doesn't get any better.





1 comment:

kacey said...

I agree JW! Show up two summers in a row and you might even get to run the register!! AHHH I miss the smell of croaker:) Bolivar will be back and so will Stingaree!!!!